How we protect your name, address, and e-mail address
We will not sell or rent your name, address, e-mail address, or purchase history to any other person or company. Period. That has been our policy since we opened in 1990.
We use your name and address to send you course materials you order, our catalogs, and newsletters.
Here's what we do with your e-mail address:
- Send you order confirmations. You should receive via e-mail an order confirmation within moments of placing your order.
- Send you course starter materials. Designed to supplement your learning experience, you'll receive course starter materials for every course you purchase. These materials include the professor's summary of the course, links to recommended websites, and recommended readings.
- Send you free articles. Occasionally, you'll receive interesting and compelling articles of interest on the subjects covered by our courses.
- Collect your feedback on courses and professors. You'll receive e-mail surveys to vote for the Great Courses you want us to make, to rate the quality of Great Courses you've purchased, to tell us what improvements to make to The Great Courses and our services, and to tell us which professors we should choose to make the next Great Course.
- Notify you of special sale offers. You'll receive e-mails notifying you when courses featured in our print catalogs and newsletters go on sale. These e-mails also make ordering extremely simple—if you see courses that interest you, simply click on the links in the e-mail to find out more.
How we protect your billing information
When you order from us online, we protect your information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. We are secured by Comodo, the leading provider of SSL encryption keys. SSL encryption electronically masks any information you send us. With this state-of-the-art system, you can enter your credit card number and delivery and billing information safely. The encryption process protects the information by scrambling it before it is sent to us.
You can verify our compliance at any time by clicking on the Comodo logo located on our Shopping Cart page or any page in the checkout process.
If you feel uncomfortable buying through our site, we'd be delighted to take your orders via:
Office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12 midnight eastern time Monday through Friday; and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time
Saturday and Sunday. After hours, an automated voice mail system is available.
|Mail:||The Great Courses |
|4840 Westfields Blvd., Suite 500 |
|Chantilly, VA 20151|
How we use "cookies" information
The information that cookies provide us helps us to
- offer you special sale opportunities,
- allow you to navigate our website more easily and faster, and
- provide you with lower prices by better understanding what interests you.
No personal information is stored in long-term cookies. And we do not sell or redistribute cookie-based information to anyone. Period.
How Can I Change My Personal Information?
If you are a registered user of our website, you can correct or update your personal information on the My Account page of our website.
If you are not a registered user of our website, Contact Us, and we can correct or update your personal information. If you have multiple addresses, we ask that you please send us the multiple address references.